Last updated: March 1, 2016
Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (Users).
1. Information we collect
We collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide us directly:
Your name, password, phone number and e-mail address when you register for a Zpotdrop account.
Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, profile picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be found on Zpotdrop.
User Content (e.g., locations, posts and other materials) that you post to the Service.
Communications between you and Zpotdrop. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- Finding your friends on Zpotdrop:
If you choose, you can use our Find friendsì feature to locate other people with Zpotdrop accounts either through (i) your contacts list, (ii) through a search of names on Zpotdrop.
If you choose to find your friends through (i) your devices contacts list, then Zpotdrop will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using Zpotdrop.
Note about Invite Friends feature: If you choose to invite someone to the Service through our Invite friends feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, Zpotdrop does not have access to or control this communication.
- Analytics information:
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- Cookies and similar technologies:
- Log file information:
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Device identifiers:
When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more device identifiers.Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the devices operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Zpotdrop.
A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Location information:
Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including location, comments or other data. When posting your latitude and longitude will be stored.
- From other sources:
If another user allows us to collect information from his or her Facebook account—and you're one of that users friend on Facebook—we may combine the information we collect from that users Facebook account with other information we have collected about you from your Facebook account. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through Zpotdrop
- Contacting us:
When you contact us through for example firstname.lastname@example.org we may collect what you give us for for example improvements of the service
2. How we use your information
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Personalize the Service by providing advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests. For instance, when you set up an account we may pre-populate certain account information based on the information we collect about you from other users;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
3. Sharing of your information
We collect the following types of information:
- Parties with whom we may share your information:
We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (Service Providers).
We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted and geotagged advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
When you let us access your Facebook account, we may share information about you with other users who are friends with you on Facebook.
- Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set.
If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the Zpotdrop API have copied or saved that information.
- What happens in the event of a change of control:
If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Zpotdrop or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation), your information such as name and email address, User Content and any other information collected through the Service may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
We may share information about you in response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is consistent with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, or regulation; to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
4. How we store your information
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in Sweden or any other country in which Zpotdrop, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Zpotdrop, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- Zpotdrop cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Zpotdrop or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Zpotdrop, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Zpotdrop make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. Your choices about information
- Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings. In profile settings you can do some choices regarding information sharing.
- How long we keep your User Content:
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Zpotdrop, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. Other web sites and serives